Thursday, September 22, 2011

Serenbe Purchases

I forgot to mention that we made a few purchases while we were in Serenbe.  The Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop, where we had lunch, had some food items and books for sale.


I have honey in my tea every morning, so I had to have a jar of Serenbe Flower Honey, "Pure raw honey from bees on Serenbe Farmland gathered by beekeeper George Chandler".  We also purchased jars of blueberry preserves and strawberry lavender preserves, "Fresh preserves from rural Georgia".


We got a couple of books from the bakeshop as well.  This one, "Conservation Communities: Creating Value with Nature, Open Space, and Agriculture" by Edward T. McMahon, goes into more depth about what it takes to develop a conservation community, from feasibility to planning, marketing, and finally stewardship of the development.  Ten case studies of successful communities, including Serenbe, are discussed in depth.


I bought this book to add to my ever-gowing cookbook collection, "Southern Cooking from Mary Mac's Tea Room" by Margaret Lupo.  Margaret Lupo is the mother of Marie Nygren, co-owner and developer with her husband Steve of the Serenbe Community.


Our time was limited, so we only stopped by a couple of other stores, but I did manage to find this cute little chicken timer from The Bilt-House, which has women's apparel and accessories on the first floor and home goods on the second floor.

We will explore more of the shops when we return to Serenbe in November.  By the way, I hope you all appreciated my impromptu photography studio (foam core back of one of my husband's posters as a background, and a 12-pack box of ramen noodles covered with a chicken tea towel for a riser!) set up in our kitchen.  Necessity truly is the mother of invention!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment